I want to take a moment to provide a quick update for Making Learning R.E.A.L and Mill Street Music Academy. Since opening, I have had the privilege of working with students from as young as Grade 1 to students who are in Grade 6. It has been a pleasure to be a part of each students’ learning journey. Witnessing first hand the progress made is always a rewarding experience, and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to see this both in person and virtually.
As we get ready to enter into 2022, I want to take a moment to share some highlights from the past several months. These highlights are in no particular order and names will not be shared to ensure privacy is maintained.
Over the course of the Summer:
- A student worked hard to move up 5 reading levels! The student was previously reading below grade level and entered the school year at grade level.
- A student who struggled with distance learning was able to review all math concepts from Grade 1 and enter Grade 2 with a strong foundation and confidence in their ability to problem solve.
- Three Students with little musical background learned how to play the ukulele.
Since September 2021:
- Two students have continue with their piano lessons and will be performing several Christmas carols for their family over the holidays.
- A student has joined the PRIDE Reading Program and is making fabulous progress with this specialized tutoring session.
- A student has gained confidence in their ability to learn new mathematical concepts and is applying these skills to real-life hobbies (such as baking, sewing, art, etc.).
I look forward to seeing what 2022 has in store!